What are you doing New Year's Eve?

Saturday, December 31, 2011

It's new year's eve.  I can hardly believe it is almost 2012.

I visited a friend this morning, then had lunch and a nice, long nap.

We took the dead Christmas tree out the front door and I'm sure I didn't miss a single needle with the vacuum cleaner.

I'm on day 6 of a refined sugar fast and I'm feeling just a teensy bit irritable.

We're heading to the neighbours' house for a party tonight and I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm making a smoked salmon, cream cheese, and fresh dill appetizer and I hope it will be both pretty and delicious.

But the best thing I did today was take Santa hat photos of the kids.  The last time I did this, I only had two kids, so it was about 6 or 7 years ago.  I had taken photos of the older two kids and have them in a photo tray, proudly displayed in the living room.  Every so often, when I see the tray, I think I ought to update the photos and at least include all of my children.

I was planning to take a photo of the three of them in their matching santa hats, but 3 of our four santa hats went missing over the last month.  Darn it all to heck.  I was annoyed at the lack of matching hats and figured the whole photo idea was a bust, and I'm just a teensy bit irritable these days (see sugar fasting, above) until DH suggested I take a photo of each kid individually.  Eureka!

I got Mr. Boy first, who felt that his 'mere existence' should be sufficient and I shouldn't need to take photos of him.  I told him that it really hurt to give birth to him and he owed me one. I guess I was convincing because he put on the Santa hat and the white shirt I had laid out.  Not getting carried away, he only did up the top two buttons, since the rest of the shirt wouldn't be visible in the photo.  He was a sport once it was time to take the actual photos and he did pose for me.  There were some silly ones and some that were just plain cute.

Sweet Pea loves having her photo taken.  She did some really cute poses.  It was hard to pick the best one, but this one seemed the most natural.
Precious is always a challenge to photograph because she has a hard time smiling, and I like this one because it's cute and it suits her personality perfectly.  She's got a bit of attitude and her walk has been described by many as a 'strut'.  I think that comes through in this photo.
Now I can get some 4X6s of these photos printed and I can finally update the photo tray.  Yahoo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP