O Tannenbaum

Saturday, December 17, 2011

We were waiting until it snowed to get our tree at the tree farm this year.  With its horse-drawn sleigh, toboggan hills, and rustic atmosphere, it was definitely a trip we were looking forward to enjoying with a thick layer of snow on the ground.  Since we needed the tree before Sweet Pea's birthday, since she loves having it for her party, and we had no time to go to a tree lot to buy a pre-cut tree, I had to buy our tree from the local grocery store.  I really didn't want to because the last time I did that, the tree was so dry and the needles were everywhere.  I figured that this time, having learned that making a fresh cut on the tree makes a huge difference, the needles would be manageable, and we'd only have the tree up for a short time since we got it so late.

As I stood in the parking lot of the grocery store, looking at the trees, the one I picked looked nice and tall and nice and thick.  The trees were supposedly between 6.5 and 9 feet tall, but when I got the tree home, and DH cut about 8 inches off the trunk, it was still too tall to fit in our house with its 8 foot ceilings.  The tree stand adds about 2 inches.

All in all, it is the perfect size since it isn't too wide and it is nice and tall.

We set up the tree on Wednesday night, and cut the netting around it.  It feel into its real shape after a few hours.  On Thursday night, before the kids got home from daycare, I put up the lights and all of the glass ornaments.  After Mr. Boy's piano, the kids hung all of the metal, wood and plastic (i.e. unbreakable) decorations.

I know the photography doesn't do it justice, but with the lights dimmed and Christmas music playing, this is the most beautiful tree in the world.  And does it ever smell good.


It makes me not even mind the needles as much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP