I got Jess glasses!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I wanted to get new glasses.  I am enamoured with the look of Zooey Deschanel in her new show, New Girl.  Her glasses are so cool, that there is even a link from the Fox website of where to buy them.  I didn't end up with the exact pair she has, but read on anyway.

I had my eye checkup yesterday with my new optometrist.  DH recommended him, and he was really good.  When I was leaving his office, the optometrist asked me if I would consider shopping in his glasses shop.  I had tried on a pair while I was waiting for my appointment, but Sweet Pea said she didn't like them that much.  After my appointment I tried them on again.  They are so huge compared to what I'm used to, and they're black, which is a change for me.

I bought them after trying on these and one other pair, and they had an in-house technician prepare them in under 15 minutes, which is a good thing because Mr. Boy and Sweet Pea were with me, and Mr. Boy was getting a little impatient.

I wanted to check with DH to see if he liked the frames, but the quality of the photos I was sending him on my Blackberry were terrible, and the sample glasses have these ugly, scratched, plastic lenses in them.

Here I am with my new glasses.

After I got home, it took DH about 10 minutes to get used to my new glasses, and now he loves them as much as I do.

Those of you who know me will also notice that I got a new haircut.  I used Mel's hairstylist.  I walked in to Jodie's salon and asked her what she would do with my hair if I gave her carte blanche and this is what I got.  I think a chin length bob was just the right thing for me and I love my new style.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP