Christmas Countdown 2011

Sunday, December 4, 2011

I know that Christmas is on December 25th every year, yet it seems to sneak up on me every time.  Last time I checked, it was back to school.  How did Christmas get to be only three weeks away?

I still have Sweet Pea's birthday party to plan and host on the 17th, but that doesn't stop me from having a huge list of things I want to accomplish before Christmas.

Accomplished
Ordered rentals for the big (about 35 people) Christmas supper we're hosting.
Decorated the house.
Scheduled Christmas photo and chose outfits.
Scheduled pre-photo haircuts for those that need it.
Bought some gifts
Bought a Christmas CD - Michael Bublé's Christmas
Hang Christmas lights outside

Still to accomplish
Go to the tree farm, get a tree and decorate it.
Finish buying gifts and wrap.
Get a turkey and other food for Christmas day.
Borrow linens for the rental tables.
Get the kids practicing their Christmas carols on the piano.
Practice one on the guitar?

Baking?
Get gift certificates for the teachers and write cards for them.

I had hoped to get the tree today, but there's merely a dusting of snow on the ground, and I thought it just wouldn't be the same if we didn't have some snow.

Some things will have to slide this year.  I won't be sending Christmas cards, or doing any craft projects.  Let's face it, the baking isn't going to happen, either.  Good thing, too, since I can't resist the sweets and it's best not to have any around.

I often get the urge to entertain at this time of year, but there's never enough time.  I'll be attending a few Christmas lunches, and one after work event that goes from 4 to 6.  I always swear I entertain in January, but everyone is burned out and it never seems to happen. It'll be worse this year with coaching hockey taking up so much of our time, and our family vacation taking place in January.  More on that in a future post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP