Cat on a Hot Computer

Monday, November 28, 2011

Our cat Lexi is a bit on the small side.  Like under 6 pounds, on the small side.  She's really cold all winter.  She can't warm up.  She heads straight to the furnace vents when she gets up.  When I make the mistake of leaving my computer open, she heads straight there to get warm.



Last week, Lexi went outside on Tuesday night and didn't come home.  Not on Wednesday.  Not on Thursday.  I figure someone found her pawing at their window and let her in.  They were probably worried about her because she's so skinny, it had snowed, she doesn't have a collar, and she had a hurt paw at the time.  The may have thought she's an undernourished stray.

We've tried to put a collar on her, and we've been through about 5 in 2 and a half years and we've been through 3 personalized tags, at $15 each, but she keeps managing to lose them.

When she went missing, I contacted the humane society and they said they would look for her and also advised me to contact the city in case she had been found dead.  I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach for days.

On Friday night, in the middle of Precious' family birthday party, Lexi showed up and started pawing the window to be let in.  I was so happy to see her that I started crying.  It was like a big weight was lifted off my chest.

I swore I would never let her out of my sight again.  As long as I leave my computer open, I should know where to find her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP