Vote for Foundations for Functional Communities

Monday, October 3, 2011

Please read on to read about my friend Mindy's amazing initiative to help non-verbal children, like her son Connor, have access to augmentative communication devices.

"Hi Everyone,

Inspired by my son Connor's indomitable will, I submitted my idea 'Foundations for Functional Communication' to the Aviva Community Fund and it was approved. Now it is time to spread the word so Canadians will vote for it.

Here is a brief description and details on how to vote:

Recent advances have made electronic augmentative communication much more accessible to the average consumer. It is my belief that these devices can be integral in building early communication systems form any non-verbal children. Funds would be used to purchase and provide early access to equipment, training, education,funding advocation services and support for families prior to school age. The ultimate goal of this idea is to have non-verbal children up and running with a functional communication system before school. Imagine what these children could do and what their teachers could teach if they already had a functional
communication system in place.

1. Go to http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf11693 to view my detailed proposal

2. If you haven't already, you will have to register with Aviva (don't worry they won't spam you). If you have forgotten your password don't worry, click Sign In; enter your email address and click on Forgot Password follow the instructions from there.

3. Vote every day. You have 15 votes to give (1/day) and they can all go to one idea. (Save it on your favorites so that your daily vote will really only take 30 seconds of your time.)

4. Spread the word - email your friends and family, post the link on Facebook or Twitter so they can vote daily and help my idea make the semi finals.

The easiest way to find my idea is to click here http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf11693 or go to www.avivacommunityfund.org and search for ACF11693

VOTE NOW until October 19th

I have attached a flyer with tear off voting info should you wish to print it and leave a copy in your staff room to help spread the word.

Thank in advance for taking the time to check this out

Sincerely

Mindy

1 comments:

Stephanie T.,  October 4, 2011 at 9:47 AM  

Hey Beth! Do you know how I can get the flyer to leave around my workplace? It says it is attached but I don't see it.
Thanks...and I love the blog.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP