Shopping

Sunday, March 6, 2011

I generally buy very little in January. I'm usually burnt out from Christmas and feeling a little poor. This year was no exception.

A couple of weeks ago, I was on a course downtown so I took advantage of having an hour for lunch and being downtown, to do a little shopping on the last day.

I've been wanting to get a long down-filled parka suitable for the weekend. It would use it for walks, outdoor activities with the kids, going to hockey games and skating practice, and so much more. I had a short down-filled parka but I was always getting cold air on my lower back and waist unless I was also wearing snow pants.

On my shopping trip, I found the perfect coat and it was even more perfect because it was 50% off. It still cost almost $200, but it's high quality and I'm sure I'll have it for a long time.
I'm happy with my little splurge and I've been wearing it all over. It's nice and warm and water resistant, as I found out on Saturday when it was raining. The hood was really handy on Monday when it was -17 degrees Celcius.

P.S. DH fixed the new light fixture in the kitchen. Apparently, I hadn't installed it properly, which I was happy to hear. I couldn't have taken another trip to the lighting store without screaming. And the light it produces is beautiful and diffused and warm because of the cream-coloured shade.

Edited to add: The coat is the Katie coat by Lolë.

1 comments:

Michelle Peters - Jones March 6, 2011 at 1:24 PM  

Oooh Beth, I love that coat. Think its time I took a trip to West Ed... :-)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP