See The Light

Sunday, February 27, 2011

When we first moved into our house over 7 years ago, there was a hideous 80's-era light hanging over the kitchen table. We took it down and put up a cheap-IKEA light which I loved at the time. It had an exposed bulb and once we bought all compact flourescents, the light fixture looked terrible and the bulb was overly glaring and ugly.

After seeing a cute light fixture at my neighbours' house, I went and bought it myself!

I went to install the light, and had the old one taken down before I realized that one of the metal bars from the new lamp was missing. I had to put the old light back up and about two weeks later made it back to the lighting store to exchange the light. I explained the situation and got a new light with a box that had never been opened. About two weeks later, when I got around to installing the light, I realized that this time the shade was missing from the box!

My mom returned the second dud light for me. Another couple of weeks later, I finally got around to installing it yesterday and it looks great. The only problem is: it doesn't work and I can't figure out why.Aaargh! I sure hope I don't have to take it down and return it for a third time.

1 comments:

Mark,  March 8, 2011 at 7:03 PM  

Electrical work is pretty simple because it is just about logic (easy for software geeks).

Except for 3-way and 4-way switches -- those use magic. :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP