Turning 39

Sunday, May 9, 2010

When we're going to have company over, I'll do some research on recipes for food and cocktails. In the week leading up to the visit, I'll go to the grocery store and liquor store. I'll tidy up some outstanding paperwork, and dust the piano. I'll weed the garden and cut the grass. The day before the visit, I'll make sure my favourite clothes are laundered and bathe the children. I'll clean up the house and empty all the garbages. I'll put our fresh linens and make sure there are hangers in the front hall closet. And I'll tackle a few of the things on my to-do list. This might be things like moving plants in the garden, hanging pictures, organizing toys, or installing shelves.

It seems so much easier to do the things I've been meaning to do when there's a deadline looming.

It's my birthday today. Turning 39 is kind of like inviting people over. I only have one more year until I turn 40. I need to get my proverbial house in order. I wonder if it is my expectation of myself or what I think others will be expecting of me? I think I need to have everything together by the time I turn 40.
Good job.
Fit body.
Healthy lifestyle.
Great friends.
Rewarding hobbies.
Nice wardrobe.

Am I putting too much pressure on myself again?

1 comments:

Michelle Peters - Jones May 9, 2010 at 6:37 PM  

Happy birthday Beth!! Hope you have a great time with your family and friends!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP