Mr. Boy Turns 8!

Sunday, May 2, 2010


My Boy turned 8 yesterday. For lunch, we had the whole family over, including Great-Grandma, and had a nice BBQ lunch with a yummy (if I do say so myself) curried rice salad, and ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. Unfortunately, the only photo that turned out was of the cake!

In the afternoon, we were having over 9 friends for a treasure hunt and a pizza party. The pizza got ordered a bit late, so we decided to have the pizza cake first. The "meatballs" are ferroro rocher chocolates. The "sausage" is rainsinets. The "green peppers" are gummies and the "cheese" is grated white chocolate. I made the cake from an organic cake mix as I just didn't think I had the time to bake it from scratch AND decorate it. In fact, it was the buttercream icing that took the most time, getting everything to the right temperature and pouring the syrup into the eggs, putting in the butter, etc. And I didn't even like the taste of the icing.

A few of the kids spent the whole party on the trampoline

We did a treasure hunt in teams and I think the kids had fun!


When he was opening presents, I got Mr. Boy to pose with all of his friends. I've included a couple of the pictures here.



I was completely exhausted at the end of the day and fell asleep around 8. Mr. Boy had Duncan over for a sleepover and Sweet Pea had Maia over. They stayed up pretty late (after 10:30) and woke up at 6 a.m. I have a strong feeling that everyone will be going to bed early tonight. Even me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP