Curried Shrimp Rice Salad Recipe

Monday, May 10, 2010

On the first of May, I made a birthday lunch for my son. DH BBQd sausages and tofu burgers. I made a green salad and a curried shrimp rice salad. I had searched the internet and looked in all my own cookbooks for a curried shrimp rice salad recipe after having eaten a similar salad at a birthday party in 2007 or 2008.

All I had to go on was a two-year old memory of a salad I had eaten once.

Here is my delicious recipe.
Put 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
Mince one small onion
Put onion and 2 tbsp of garlic in the pan and cook until softened - about 5 mins.
Stir in 1/2 chopped sweet pepper in the last minute of cooking.
Put 2 tbsp of cumin into the pan and stir until cumin is fragrant - about 30 seconds.
Clean, shell and de-vein one 1 pound bag of small or medium shrimp
Throw shrimp into the skillet and stir only until the shrimp turns pink. Remove from heat.

In a serving bowl, stir 2 or 3 cups of cooked brown rice and 3/4 of a cup of frozen peas with the onion/shrimp mixture. Slice green onions and sprinkle over the top of the salad. Add more cumin to taste.

Edited to add: Chill in the refrigerator for an hour or two before serving cold.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP