Afternoon Delight

Friday, May 14, 2010

I promised I would tell you about my afternoon shopping trip on Mother's Day. I didn't feel like going to the mall, so I went to the thrift store first. I tried on about 6 pairs of jeans but didn't buy any. I also got this great, fitted jacket, fully lined, for $15. It fits perfectly, I didn't already have a brown blazer, plus it has a great checked pattern.
Then I headed to Jacob and Mexx and tried on a gazillion things at Mexx. I would have loved to get some white dress pants but I couldn't find any. I did get this layered, sleeveless top, and a stretchy wrap-around t-shirt with great sleeve detailing.
Finally, I headed to Winner's and picked up a Christmas present for Sweet Pea as well as this fantastic sweater. At only $30 and with all of the cool detailing, I hit pay dirt! I don't think I have a future in product photography, but hopefully you can make out the neckline which is gathered.
I have been looking for something like this ever since I started watching Accidentally On Purpose, Jenna Elfman's new comedy series. I adore the way she dresses. She is always wearing some kind of layered sweater, jacket, blazer or vest over her great tops and with lots of fun jewelry. I am so inspired by her clothes that I'm always trying to find ways to re-create her look. Even though she was pregnant on the show, she looked amazing.

I'm about 5' 7" or 8" and carrying a couple of extra pounds. With Ms Elfman coming in at almost 6 feet, and with what I can only imagine is a 36 inch inseam, and with a dancer' body, I'm not expecting to look exactly like her, but I can try!

1 comments:

Nicole Feliciano June 23, 2010 at 9:24 PM  

Ohh, I love her style very urban boho.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP