New Neighbours

Friday, April 2, 2010

Last weekend, we had some neighbours over for a cocktail party, although it wasn't nearly as fancy as it sounds. I did break out some new recipes and had palmiers with pesto, goat cheese and sundried tomatoes, as well as roasted red pepper dip with gouda and jalapenos on baguette. I tried making Shape magazine's baked chick peas with seasoning but they were chewy and bland so I threw them out. I bought some desserts at Costco, and a box of timbits. Some of my neighbours contributed food and drinks. Thanks Lesley and Heather!

Everyone came over after supper on Saturday and some stayed until 11:00 p.m! We talked about things like running, dogs, parties, and kids. It was so nice to get to know everyone better and of course, we found we have lots in common as well as knowing some of the same people. It's such a small world.

I invited some neighbours that I don't really know, as well as the 'usual suspects' that we've known since we moved in. Three new families moved into our street, two in the last couple of months, and two of them came. I didn't know one of the families at all, and I had only seen the mom walking by with a baby in a stroller. I biked over there a few nights before the party, with an invite in hand, and Lori accepted right away! I get so excited when I meet new people and they seem really nice. They couldn't stay long as they have a 12 month-old, but hopefully we'll see them again, soon.

Around 9:30, the kids started getting restless, after going crazy on the trampoline and running all over the house for three hours, so I put on the Monsters vs. Aliens DVD that Mindy got the kids for Christmas, and everyone settled down to watch. The little kids could barely keep their eyes open, but they were motivated to stay up and 'party'. We finally got our kids to bed at 11:00, just three hours past their bedtime!
The evening ended with everyone exclaiming "we should do this again soon". Now that it is sunny and warm outside, I'm sure we will see our neighbours outside more and have lots more opportunities for socializing. And that's just the way I like it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP