Photos

Sunday, February 28, 2010

After debating which photos to hang in the basement, Christine emailed me and asked why I didn't just shoot some new individual photos of the kids with short depth of field, and natural light. I knew all along that I really liked the idea of having a photo of each child, but I just felt daunted by the process. Mr. Boy never wants to get his photo taken. Sweet Pea poses, sometimes a little too much. Precious is hard to photograph because she leaves her mouth open a lot and when she poses, it ruins the photo! Christine suggested bribing the kids, which I ended up doing with Precious. She sat through three photo shoots and earned three lollipops in the process!

I used Becky Earl's photo retouching ideas and took the plunge and sent one of the photos to Black's for printing. I was getting a 12X18 done so I thought it wise to send just one, see how it turned out, then send the other two later. I got the print of Mr. Boy back yesterday and it looks great! I sent the photos of the girls to be printed and they should all be hanging up by next weekend.

3 comments:

Christine February 28, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

Great job Beth, I'm sure they will look awesome! :) Bribing always works...

Michelle Peters March 1, 2010 at 5:09 PM  

Very beautiful pictures Beth!! You have such lovely children :-)

Valerie,  March 5, 2010 at 8:00 AM  

Love the new pictures - great idea. Don't know if I told you, but I love your new header picture, too.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP