Hallelujah

Sunday, February 7, 2010

I had a little nap this morning, then we took the kids swimming. Sweet Pea went down the big slide, all the kids jumped in, and we all had a great time. We gave the kids showers after the swim so now we don't need to give them baths tonight. Bonus.

My muscles are a bit sore after doing weights yesterday for the first time since I had very minor surgery on my neck on January 18th. I had 4 stitches removed on Wednesday, and by Saturday morning, I knew I would be alright to start lifting again and it felt great to be back. It also ran into a few people I knew at the gym, and that made me feel happy.

But the best news yet, something I just found out today, is that Alexander McCall Smith released a new book in the 44 Scotland Street series! It came out on January 12, 2010, and I just reserved it at the library.

There are about 100 people ahead of me in line, but with something like 14 copies, it won't take that long for me to get it. In the meantime, I am really enjoying The Book of Negroes, and I can't wait to lend it to Michelle, if she hasn't read it yet, as I know she will love it. The author, Laurence Hill, was recently in my town, and going to see an author speak is something I have always wanted to do. I did see Gwynne Dyer speak, but that was back in the mid-90's when I was getting my political science degree, and I haven't been to anything since. I feel embarrassed to admit that I have been living in a cultural vacuum for this long. It is time to break out and start using my brain again. Right after I finish reading The Unbearable Lightness of Scones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP