Family Day

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Monday was a holiday for most of Ontario. Not me, though. I work for the federal government. Usually we get all the holidays and more and seem to have a sweet deal, but maybe because it's a new holiday, we don't get Family Day off. I get remembrance day off, but since the rest of the family is at school or work, it doesn't do me much good. On a day when I would definitely want to spend quality time with the family (I think the name of the holiday inspires me), I was off on the "red and white limousine" (public transit) to my government job.

DH had the wherewithal to take the kids swimming on the morning of family day. The public swim started at 8:30 that morning, and he was there for about 90 minutes, including the obligatory 10 or 15 minutes in the hot tub at the end of the swim. The hot tub is definitely my favourite part, and the kids love it, too.

Due to the bus schedule, I work an extra 10 minutes every day, so on Family Day, I decided to leave 10 minutes early and got home 1/2 hour early owing to good luck with the bus transfer, and the reduced traffic from downtown.

Now that I'm working in another province (since last December), the situation will happen again when I get June 24th off (St-Jean Baptiste Day) and DH gets the August civic holiday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP