Happy Birthday Gramps!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

My dad's birthday is tomorrow. Happy Birthday Dad!


Last night , we all went out for supper at Red Lobster. I haven't been there in probably 10 years or more, and I don't remember it being that busy! It was packed! We got there at 5:30 and we had to wait 45 minutes for a table. It was all worth it, because we had a great supper, and the kids are so much more flexible on their dinner time now that they're getting older, so they were fine with waiting.

The food was really good, then we all came back here for carrot cake with cream cheese icing, which is quickly becoming a tradition as the birthday cake of choice for the adults in my family. I haven't baked alone, without a kid or two helping, in such a long time, I was shocked at how quickly I made the cake, but I did miss my little helpers.

After the cake, we intended to play cards, but we all ate a bit too much, and since Tyler, AMF and my dad had gone skiing during the day, and since I was out all days with the kids, was at the gym, etc., I was ready for bed at 9:30. The cards will have to wait for another day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP