Back to Life, Back to Reality

Sunday, January 3, 2010

I wasn't on vacation over the last two weeks, but I got to leave work early on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, and that felt like a vacation.

The kids have been off for two weeks and DH was off for about 10 days. We didn't get a lot 'done', but the kids got a Wii from Grandpa for Christmas and they logged an awful lot of hours. They went swimming a few times with Daddy, and skating two or three times, and the older two went downhill skiing yesterday.

Tomorrow, everything goes back to 'normal'. Daily piano practice started in earnest on Saturday. Final bits of homework were finished up on Saturday, too. I started organizing myself as well, and figured out when Sweet Pea has skating at school, checked backpacks, and generally put things back in order. I planned haircuts for the girls, and thought about birthday presents for upcoming parties where the girls are invited, as well as figured out when I'm going to buy dance shoes for Precious before her class starts.

Our nanny comes back tomorrow after 10 days off and she may find that the house is a little messier and dirtier than usual. We did all the laundry and did some cleaning around Christmas day, but it's been a while since then...

I started a new job on December 17th, but my boss and I only worked one day together before she took two weeks off. Tomorrow, we'll be working together every day (that I'm at work), and I'm pretty excited to get my teeth into the work.

I have a TON of posts planned for the next couple of weeks, but I just haven't been in the writing mood lately. I do plan to talk about my new year's resolution, and also about some of the fashions for my upcoming trip to the Carribean.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP