A Whole New World

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I started my new job today.

I got an opportunity to go to a meeting with several directors, and get an overview of the issues in the organization. I attended a pot luck Christmas lunch and even did some real work in the afternoon. My boss asked me to take a couple of briefing notes to the deputy minister, a couple of emails, and a lessons learned document and merge them all into some slides for a deck she's presenting on January 15th.

I was in heaven, doing something I love to do, and learning about my new organization in the process. I credit my boss for being able to break off a manageable chunk of work for me, and also for making me feel so welcome.

She ensured I had a building pass waiting for me at 8:00 a.m., a network account, an office and a computer, along with a pile of office supplies sitting on my desk when I got in. She even offered me her parking pass during the Christmas break.

I know I'm in the honeymoon phase, but every single person I met said that I would love it in my new job, and I believe them!

2 comments:

Care December 18, 2009 at 5:20 AM  

Congrats on the new job!!

Mark,  December 22, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

Sounds terrific - congratulations.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP