Where to Begin?

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Work
I started a new job last Thursday. I am enjoying it so far. I feel a little lost, but that's normal after only three days.
Work is hosting a kids' Christmas party tomorrow, and I have it on good authority that Santa will be there! My director emailed me and asked me if I was bringing the kids. Of course! I'm very excited.
DH's company is being sold in bits and pieces, and a stalking horse bid was finally made on his business line. It was inevitable that a big change was coming, and now we know when it will happen.

Home
Sunday, Sweet Pea turned 6. We had a brunch for her and some family came. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.
I am finishing up a quilt that I made for Precious, and which has sat, almost finished, for close to three years. I have about an hour of work left on it. I hope to finish it this afternoon

Christmas
We're hosting Christmas again this year. We're only expecting 24 people this year. The rental chairs, tables, dishes, etc. are coming sometime today. The turkeys are defrosting and the groceries are bought.
We got a gorgeous, fresh-cut tree this year, and then some dough-head (me!) forgot to water it for 48 hours, it dried up and now the cut is sealed up with sap and the tree is dropping needles like there's no tomorrow. Rather than take all of the decorations off and re-cut it, we tried drilling holes into the trunk, under the water line. It is working somewhat, but we're still going to have a mess of needles to deal with when this is over!
We're off to a family party tonight and I heard Santa was going to be there, too. That sure is one busy guy.
Christmas Eve, we're going to my cousin's place for supper.
Christmas morning, we're hosting a gift opening for Uncle Tyler, AMF, and the grandparents, then we kick into high gear for hosting at night.
After Christmas, we're hoping to host some friends here and there, but we don't have any firm plans yet.

I feel like the Little Train that Could. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP