Birthday Party for Sweet Pea

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sweet Pea is turning 6 on December 20th, and we had her party today. She had 6 friends over, plus her brother and sister were here, too.

The kids decorated 'gingerbread' houses made of graham crackers, played Webkinz, ate pizza, chips and cake, and drank pink Kool-Aid.
I spent the better part of five hours last night, on my feet, getting the graham cracker houses assembled, baking the cake, decorating it, setting the table, etc. I had everything ready so I could still make it to the gym this morning before the party, but you know what they say about the best laid plans...

At 3:00 this morning, Precious thought it was morning, so she got up, made her bed, got dressed, and came downstairs and started yelling "Mommy, Mommy" repeatedly. I woke up, convinced her it was still nighttime, and she came into my bed to go back to sleep. By 4, she still wasn't asleep, so I went with her into her room, and laid down with her, and fell asleep in there at some point. Around 6:30 this morning, she was up-and-at-them again and definitely not going back to sleep. I was so tired that DH couldn't even wake me at 8:00 this morning when he asked if I was going to the gym.

The cake is mostly gone, the dishes are all put away, and the dining room is vacuumed. Sweet Pea got some fantastic gifts, and she seems happy, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP