Shopping in Regina

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I did some shopping in Regina on Saturday and some more yesterday.

On Saturday, I was child-free, and went downtown to Scarth Street, which is a pedestrian-only street. I was there to see Aria and Stella & Sway, two stores that were featured in LouLou magazine's Regina Report. Both stores were cool, with the latter being so appealing. The clothes were beautiful, but everything was out of my price range.

I also managed to get to Marbella, which is just over on Hill Street, in the Cathedral area of town. The store was in a little strip mall along with a nail bar, a kids' store and a home decor shop. If I had more money, I would be doing a lot of my shopping in this store. Immediately upon entering, I found this gorgeous silver necklace with pendants hanging from it. The $310 price tag was a little more than I planned to spend, so I had to put it back. There was a ton of Michael Kors stuff in this store, and the racks were all organized by coordinating items. There was a rack of gray and teal clothes, from sweaters and suits, to skirts and blouses. Other racks, in different colours, were similarly organized. It would have been easy, fun, and expensive to pick up a few pieces from one rack.

Finally, I made a special trip back to BalOrient after going there at 10:40 on Saturday and discovering it only opens at 11:00. I'm looking for a special pair of slouchy ankle boots, preferably in deep plum, with a 1 - 1.5 inch heel. I had peeked in the window on my first attempt at the store, and had seen one cute pair of ankle boots. When I came back later in the morning, I was a little disappointed. When the owner isn't in the store, the service just isn't as good, and the clerk didn't even get up from her game of solitaire/facebooking. The selection wasn't as good as I was hoping either, so I high-tailed it out of there, bootless.

After another trip out shopping yesterday, I'm still bootless. I did see one cute pair at Marlers, but when I got there, I discovered they were $225, $100 over my my price limit, so I had to leave them there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP