Humidity, Please!

Monday, November 16, 2009

We're out here in the prairies and one thing I notice everytime I come here is how much drier it is. In the winter, it hardly snows. They don't even plough the streets here! In the summer, it's drier, too. How many times do we say back at home "it's not the heat, it's the humidity!" Seriously, 30 degrees with 100% humidity feels MUCH hotter than 30 degrees with 50% humidity. Something about the sweat evaporating, but I digress...

Even in the fall, it is drier here. I checked the weather network and the humidity at home today is 52%. Here is it 37%. It doesn't seem like a big difference, but I'll tell you that my hair is flat, my nose is dry and my throat hurts.

1 comments:

Englot November 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

I agree with you Beth....since moving west again I can literally feel my hands start to dry out when fall hits....my skin was so much better in Ottawa, and my hair too!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP