A Few of My Favourite Christmas Things

Friday, November 27, 2009

Things I like to do around Christmastime:

1. Listen to Christmas music
I splurge on one new Christmas CD every year. I love the songs Little Toy Trains by Nana Mouskouri, Little Drummer Boy with David Bowie and Bing Crosby, and I feel like crying when I hear Do They Know it's Christmastime by Band-Aid. The Boney M Christmas CD is definitely a winner.

2. Decorate the tree
Cutting down a fresh tree is a new tradition that we started last year. When I was really small, we went to Herb's farm to cut down a tree, but now my family goes to a local tree farm, goes tobogganing and makes a morning out of it. I love the smell of a fresh tree, and I've really enjoyed upgrading my decorations over the last few years.

3. Look at Christmas lights
I think this is the year to splurge on one strand of lights to put up across the front of our house. We'll choose a different colour than our neighbour since they have the same house as us, and one strand across the front, too. It's not overdone, but looks festive and shouldn't be too hard to install on the eavestroughing.

5. Get Christmas photos taken

6. Buy gifts for everyone on my list. I hope I get them things that they love.

7. Look at Christmas catalogues, especially Pottery Barn.

8. Get together with friends. There's nothing like a sparkly outfit, some red wine, cheese and great conversation with wonderful people.

What are your favourite things to do in the month before Christmas?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP