Happy Turkey Day!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's the thanksgiving long weekend here in Canada. I don't know why the American and Canadian thanksgiving are at different times of year, but they are!

We get Monday off of work, but we always celebrate with a big turkey dinner and pumpkin pie on the Sunday night.

This year, my brother and AMF came over, as well as my dad. My mom was entertaining her husband's whole family who gathered from far and wide and were all together for the first time in a long, long time.

DH and I cooked the turkey and stuffing, some roasted potatoes, green beans and gravy. Tyler and AMF brought mashed sweet potatoes and rolls and my dad brought two huge pumpkin pies. They were so huge that we didn't even eat half of one! Needless to say, we sent him home with the uneaten pie. No need for more temptation around here. Before we ate, we all said something we were grateful for and Tyler suggested all holding hands around the table. It was such a lovely thing to do and everyone was so happy to be together.

After supper, the kids were in heaven with Gramps, Uncle Tyler AND Auntie Anne Marie to play with. The game Sequence came out and the older two were each helping an adult play.
I set up my tripod and took a photo of everyone. From left to right:
Gramps, Mr. Boy, DH, Sweet Pea, Uncle Tyler, Beth, Precious and AMF.
Have a great holiday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP