Cute Couple

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I was eating my morning snack in the cafeteria at work on Tuesday and they had the TV tuned to the CBC. They were interviewing Willard S. Boyle because he won the Nobel prize in physics for helping invent the CCD (the card that makes digital cameras and the Hubble telescope work). Besides being proud that a Canadian made such an important contribution to the world, I was really struck by the sheet joy and pleasure on the face of Dr. Boyle, and his wife, Betty.

Photograph by: Paul Darrow, Reuters, Canwest News Service

They had their arms around one another. They were dressed similarly. They looked similar. The way they seemed to be finishing each others' thoughts, really listening to each other, and enjoying every minute of being together was so refreshing!

I know very little about this couple, and I didn't even hear what they were saying. I was really just reading their body language. For all I know, they got married last year, but odds are, they've been married for 50 years and still love each other. So sweet.

I tried to find the interview on YouTube and on the CBC website, but I couldn't, so if anyone can find it, let me know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP