Today's the Big Day!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Today is my brother's wedding. My little brother is getting married. Wow.

I am beyond excited, and a tiny bit tired, too. I don't know what time Tyler and AMB finished up at the hall, but I had to leave at 10:30 to get the teenage helpers I hired back home. Last I heard, they'd be home by around midnight. The hall looks amazing. Really transformed.

We've been busy over these last eight weeks, ever since Tyler proposed to AMB, who will be AMF by about 3:30 this afternoon.

I've had my pedicure, got my dress and shoes, written my speech and got the kids' clothes. Everything's ironed, planned and ready.

Everytime I thought about writing my 'best man' speech, I would get tears in my eyes, so I immediately went out and bought waterproof mascara. I have a feeling I may be crying tonight as I try to get out the words I have written. Kind words about my brother. Heartfelt words. And every single one of them, completely and fully true.

In an hour, I'll be bringing Sweet Pea to the stylist for her updo. I'll be off to the spa with the female members of the wedding party (for three hours!), then back home to help the kids get ready (all three are in the wedding party), and to help my brother and dad get ready.

Then we're off to the ceremony location to get my brother married.

The sun is shining and it promises to be perfect weather to get married.

Wish him luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP