True Blood

Saturday, August 15, 2009

DH and I are thinking of hosting a Hallowe’en party this year. I think it would be fun to have a theme, like vampires. Classic Hallowe’en theme, and easy enough for people to find costumes. Those of us who want to make it even more interesting can change it up, too. I can imagine some people dressing as Edward and Bella from Twilight, or as Sookie and Bill from True Blood.

Have you seen True Blood yet? I was shocked at the content and that it could be shown on TV. There are no less than 5 or 6 sex scenes every episode. We’re not seeing any full frontal or anything, but there are plenty of exposed body parts.

I can just imagine serving Tru Blood brand 'blood' in bottles at the party. I could easily print up some labels and stick them over the beer bottle labels. I get a kick out of Bill and the other vampires in the Texan vampire hotel warming up bottles of Tru Blood in the microwave.

When I was reading the Twilight series, one of the things I had trouble wrapping my mind around was that Edward, who was something like a hundred years old would be interested in 17 year-old Bella. I mean, I don’t find I have much to say to 17 year-olds. Some of them are attractive, but not in that way. I think of them as children, not peers, and I'm in my 30s. So for Edward to love Bella and want to be with her, well, it just grossed me out.

Same goes for Sookie and Bill on True Blood. I’ve only seen it three times (so far), so I don’t know the whole back story yet, but Sookie seems like a little girl looking for a father. Bill seems old enough to be her dad. I think it is partially the greenish-white make-up and partially the horrible overhead lighting, but he looks ancient! I guess that's the point.

Last week I read that they are a couple in real life, and he is only 12 years older than her. You could have fooled me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP