Bridal Shower

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday was a bridal shower hosted by my Aunt Janet. With the wedding less than a week away, the excitement was palpable.

The guest of honour.
AMB and her matron of honour, Sheila.AMB looked beautiful, and there were lots of delicious dainties, drinks, and cake. We all watched Anne Marie open her gifts and a it was a lot of fun to chat with the other ladies. A few people hadn't met each other, and this allowed them to chat before the big day next weekend.

My aunt and cousin put a lot of work into the shower, as did Sheila, the maid of honour.
Of course, my grandma was there.And Sheila's mom and my mom.


After opening the presents, Sheila put the traditional pie-tin-with-bows hat on Anne Marie.


Cutting the cake.
The wedding is in 6 days and there are still a million things for me to do before that day arrives. I can only imagine how much AMB and Tyler have to do!

I have a hockey game tonight and I may be playing on Tuesday, too. Precious has surgery tomorrow morning (see my blog tomorrow for more details), the cat is getting de-clawed on Tuesday, and school starts that day. On Wednesday, we're meeting the psychologist that assessed Precious a week ago. I'm more than a little nervous about that one. Wednesday night is the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. Thursday, I'm working, getting my teeth cleaned in the afternoon, and at night, I'm taking Mindy for a pedicure for her birthday, which is today. Friday, we're decorating the hall in the evening and Saturday morning, the women in the bridal party are going to the spa for some hair styling and make-up, manicures, etc. The wedding is Saturday afternoon.

I usually keep my nails really short. Between gardening and taking care of the kids, I am always washing my hands and dealing with really tiny Barbie shoes, peeling stickers off backings and doing other 'manual' labour. I decided to grow my nails out so I could have a really impressive french manicure for the wedding. I wasn't sure how long it would take, but my nails are really long now. Even typing is becoming challenging. I know the manicure will be worth it and once it doesn't look nice anymore, I will go back to super-short nails.

2 comments:

Christine August 31, 2009 at 7:17 AM  

Wow Beth - don't burn yourself out!! I see an evening at Le Nordik in your future very soon...

Mike August 31, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

I have to mention that your mother spent something like 5 hours helping to get things ready (like making sandwiches).

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP