Sandbanks

Sunday, June 21, 2009

We went camping on the weekend, so I haven't posted in a while, and I didn't complete this week's digital layout challenge.

We left around 2:30 on Friday and got home tonight around suppertime. Now I'm doing the second of four (or five) loads of laundry!

I couldn't wait to look at my photos. I took 197! It seemed that there were so many photo ops. It was a dreary weekend, weather-wise, which made for some great lighting conditions for taking pictures! Add in all the beach-y activities, campfires, and the like, and I just couldn't put down my camera!

We went with Ron and Mel, and their two kids, who are the same ages as our older two. I can't remember the last time we went camping together!
Precious playing on the beach at sundown. Before long, 4 of the 5 kids were naked, playing in the cold water, and we had no towels or extra clothes. We carried Precious naked, back to the campsite.
Kiera was the only one who kept her clothes on.
I picked up my camera to take a picture of Mr. Boy at the fire. I didn't look at the settings. I just pointed and pressed the shutter. I ended up with a happy face spark from the fire! The kids were really excited and Kiera wanted me to try and get one of her like that!
Camping means more junk food than usual. Mini Oreos. The kids loved them.
Good thing DH insisted on bringing rain boots and rain jackets for everyone. Even kitted out, we got wet. We went to the sand dunes, and walked all up and down them. If you look closely at this photo, you can make out raindrops.
When we got to the dunes, Sweet Pea insisted on carrying the big stick, and hunting for 'dune animals'. This was a special animal that has camouflage, is the size of a baby's foot, has big ears, and leaves distinctive prints. They never found one, but Mr. Boy did spot a rhinoceros print!This morning, the weather looked promising, so we headed down to the big beach with bathing suits, sunscreen and sand toys. It clouded over, but there was sunshine here and there. When we headed back to our site for lunch, there was a torrential downpour and all of our camping gear got soaked, just in time to pack it up. Now we have to unpack everything to let it dry, before we pack it up again.

We all agreed that a weekend just isn't long enough, especially when it is over 3 hours to get there. Next time, we will stay longer. And hopefully it won't rain 90% of the time we're there.

1 comments:

Mike June 22, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

As usual, Beth, your pictures are great. But that one of the sparks ...!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP