Rounding the Corner

Monday, June 29, 2009

We recently renovated our basement. I realize I haven't posted any photos yet, due mainly to the fact that I only have a 50mm lens for my camera, and I have to stand about 6 city blocks away from something to get a picture of it. Another problem is that the basement is basically a drywall box right now, with two measly pictures on the wall, and not much more than a few Rubbermaid containers full of toys down there.


As you know, I love to peruse the real estate listings in my area. What shouldn't surprise me anymore, but does, repeatedly, is that people seem to think that because they are in their basement, they should put their fireplaces in the corner. I know that nowadays there are plenty of fireplaces that don't need chimneys, but somehow, it just seems more realistic if your fireplace looks like it could have a chimney. Have you ever seen a chimney coming up the outside corner of a house? Me neither. And how do you place furniture and decorate around a corner fireplace? It doesn't look easy and I'm not going to do it.

1 comments:

Mike June 29, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

Would you like to use my camera? IO have an 18 to 55 mm zoom.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP