More Than You Knee-d to Know

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I paid for an MRI for my knee to fast track getting to the orthopedic surgeon. I was sure I had a meniscus tear and I would be getting surgery later this summer. Turns out there is no tear. I simply have arthritis. The pain in my knee is limiting and very painful at times. There isn't much the doctor can do for me. I will feel this much pain, or more, until I am old enough to get a knee replacement - in 15 years!!!

That really threw me for a loop. I'm supposed to take glucosamine. I suppose losing 20 pounds wouldn't hurt. I should continue doing my physio. I could consider getting injections into my knee. They are painful, expensive, and I need to get three in a row, once a year.

So, I'm going to have to suck it up. Get on with it. Move on.

The plan is still to do low and no impact activities, and start biking, swimming and using the elliptical more. It's too bad that squatting, sitting, crouching, lunging and walking hurt.

And by the way, I got the results back for the knee x-ray on my other knee, and I have arthritis in that one, too. Now I'm waiting for the MRI on the right knee. There's a possible 'floater' in there (bone fragment, probably), which will likely require surgery.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP