Fun Day

Saturday, June 6, 2009

This morning, we went to the farmer's market and loaded up on veggies, mixed berry pie, local honey and bee pollen, and organic, grass-fed meats. After lunch, a few of us went for naps. I did some gardening, and then we had some guests.

My neighbour Tiana came over this afternoon, and brought her husband, kids and some friends of hers. We had a good time chatting all afternoon. We even convinced DH to play a song on the piano, and on the accordion. I got out my guitar for a bit, and we talked about hypotonia, fitness, music, camping, and photography. I showed them Christine's new blog because Tiana is also a photographer.

Sweet Pea's ear infection was getting worse. She has been flat on her back since Tuesday morning, but using the Ciprodex ear drops. By Friday, I thought she was better, but by lunch today, she was worse than ever, so DH brought her to the drop-in medical clinic near here and got her antibiotics. She seems better already and she's only taken one dose.

For supper, we had a T-bone and a quinoa salad I made from a recipe I got from the Fat-Free Vegan Kitchen. The salad tastes as delicious as it looks. I know, I know, fat-free vegan and a steak! Sounds funny! We aren't vegans, but Mel told me she liked the recipes from this site, so I subscribed and I've been waiting for a chance to use it.

We're watching Wall-E on our free preview of the movie channel. So cute!

1 comments:

valerie,  June 8, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

I didn't know you could get meat at a farmer's market - which one do you go to?

Won't you consider going camping with us this weekend?

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP