Weight Loss Update

Monday, May 11, 2009

Last time we talked about my weight, I admitted to needing to lose 18 pounds. Well, I lied, just the teensiest bit. My weight fluctuates up and down in a 4-5 pound range from day to day. When I said I needed to lose 18 pounds, I was actually weighing between 18 and 22 pounds over my preferred weight. I hurt my knee the night before I made my bold statement about losing weight, and I had no idea I would spend the better part of the next two months not exercising. Surprisingly, I have lost a few pounds despite my inactivity. I'm now weighing between 16 and 18 pounds over my preferred weight. Since I'm not exercising as much, I'm not as hungry so I'm eating less, and I have been trying to eat more veggies.

Now, I'm slowly increasing my activity level. I can't do too much of one thing for fear of hurting my knee again.

One or two pounds lost doesn't really make a difference in how my clothes fit, but at least it is in the right direction. I had a wake-up call on the weekend when I weeded the garden and my back muscles were sore for two days.

I'm back on my fitness routine, and not just on the weekends and at hockey. My gym membership card will get used for the first time in months, and I'm renewing my yoga membership, too. If I keep making sensible food choices, I'm sure my weight will continue moving in the right direction.

1 comments:

Christine May 12, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

Go for it girl!! Light that membership card up sista!! Oh just to be able to exercise again...I'm dying just walking up stairs - yikes.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP