Thrifty

Thursday, May 7, 2009

One of my favourite things about shopping at the thrift store is the thrill of the hunt. Going to the store with a particular item in mind is always fun, but I like to browse too. I usually look at all of the kids clothes and the dishes and sports equipment. I also love looking at the furniture and the books. I went to the Salvation Army thrift store yesterday and scored some clothes for the kids - average price $3/item, as well as a few corelle bowls, a 1000 piece puzzle for me for the cottage this summer, and a ton of Berenstain Bear books for the kids (50 cents each). But my favourite find was three Bobbsey Twins books that I don't have and a different version of one I have already. I am slowly but surely building up my collection.

My other favourite thing about the thrift store is the other customers. I don't think I've ever passed another shopper without them taking a good, long, hard stare into my cart. I bought a small dresser yesterday and it was sticking out of my trunk and I caught one guy in the parking lot practically standing on his head to check out the price. No one wants to think that someone else scooped something they were looking for or got a better deal than they did. I'm curious about the other shoppers' choices too, but I think it's better not to see. If someone walked past me with a whole set of Bobbsey Twin books in their cart, I don't know what I'd do.

I really wish I had more time to thrift store shop, but once in a blue moon will have to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP