Friday Photo Challenge

Friday, May 22, 2009

I did Christine's Friday photo challenge and here are my photos, straight out of the camera. I would normally prefer to retouch them, but I think it's just better this way. It shows the real me, warts and all. Not that I have any warts. No really. I don't.

Self-portraits are hard, but not as hard as letting someone else take your photo. I guess that's why they call it a "challenge".

Before work yesterday, I had a few minutes before my bus, so I took a photo using the mirror in the front hall. The light was kind of cool, but getting the right angle, and the focus in a mirror were hard. This was the first shot I took.
A couple of minutes later, I took this photo using the mirrored doors in the mudroom. The light was horrendous and this photo shows how hard it was for me to figure out what angle to use to get myself in the mirror. And check out the coats. What was I thinking?
It turned into a really hot day, and I was really warm when I got home from work, so I changed in a tank top and got on some shorts. I played around with the tripod in the back yard while DH had the kids out shopping. The light was nice, but posing myself was tough. What I like about this shot is that it actually looks like what I think I look like. Some of the others weren't very flattering. This one isn't bad, but I like it because it has an easy feeling about it. And my smile looks nice.

1 comments:

valerie,  May 23, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

you're right, the third one shows your easy-going personality. And has a nice smile. :)

I like the first one - it's cool with the off angle. I've tried taking self-portraits using a mirror. Your results are better than mine!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP