Digital scrapbook challenge #6

Sunday, May 10, 2009

This week's challenge was to use photos exactly one year apart. I used photos from Mr. Boy's birthday parties when he turned 6 and 7.

What surprised me is how little change there was in him between last year and this. I was expecting him to look much different. It's true that he's changed in a million different ways developmentally, but what I'm finding is that the core of him, his personality, his essence, if you will, remains. It is an exciting time as he is his own person through and through, but scary too as I ponder the possibility that the time when I had the greatest impact on his life is over. Mr. Boy is being influenced by many sources now and my 'reign' is officially over. I'm one, albeit a very important, role model. This is a job I take VERY seriously. Sometimes I feel the sense of responsibility is crushing, but mostly it is such an honour to be a mother - his mother.
A couple of things I did notice about the photos being one year part is that the photography from this year's birthday party was so much better than last year's. My scrapbooking has improved too. I took Christine's advice and I 'borrowed' an idea from the ideas gallery at Designer Digitals and I just loved re-creating a look while giving it my own personal touch.

I'm 2 1/2 years into this digital scrapbooking thing and I still have so much to learn.

1 comments:

Christine May 10, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

Again, and outstanding page!! I haven't done mine yet...but I plan to tomorrow! Happy Mother's day!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP