A Bit of a Setback

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I was so excited to start exercising again. I went to the gym on Monday and did a cross-country course on the elliptical for 45 minutes. I did my physio exercises after. I felt great! I was on the right course, heading in the right direction of getting my fitness back up.

Tuesday, I picked up a rental steam cleaner at the grocery store. I spent about an hour cleaning carpets during the day. I weeded the garden. I jumped on the trampoline with Sweet Pea. I was a little busier than usual. We also went to see a private kindergarten for Precious that morning, and she was sick and couldn't go to school, so I was dragging her everywhere with me.

I called DH in the afternoon, feeling kind of sorry for myself and warning him that we were getting takeout. I was too tired to cook. After I got off the phone, I went to get something in a hurry, pivoted on the carpet, and felt (and heard!) something pop in my bad knee. It hurt like heck and I am limping around again. It feels like something is poking out of my knee, from the inside. My knee is quite swollen. I can barely walk. My other knee and my hips hurt from limping so much over the last two months.

I'm still on the waiting list for an MRI. They estimated it would be August before I can get in. A private MRI clinic opened not far from here, and DH insists that we swallow the cost and I book an MRI next week. Even once I get the MRI results, I'll probably be on another waiting list with the orthopedic surgeon. Getting my MRI sooner might allow me to get to the ortho sooner.

Somethings gotta give. I can barely walk, let alone do my daily tasks.

So I guess I won't be burning a hole in my gym membership card just yet. But I will. Eventually.

1 comments:

Mike May 14, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

Based on my MedA training and experience, that sounds like a torn meniscus, Get it looked at or get your MRI as quickly as possible.

The repair is quick and easy, done under a scope and generally a local.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP