Laying It All Out

Friday, April 24, 2009

I was off sick yesterday and in between naps, I scrapbooked a bit. I slept for about 3 hours yesterday, so you can imagine how hard it was for me to fall asleep last night. The alarm was set for 5:45 this morning so I could drive my dad to the hospital for his knee replacement surgery. It's a good thing the morning started so early because I had tons to do before getting Precious to her speech assessment at 8:30.

I'll blog about that once I've digested the speech appointment and its impact on Precious' plans for school for next year.

Yesterday, I splurged on Anna Aspnes' Multifoto Single Layered Template No. 27C Completer at Designer Digitals. I love all of the rounded corners. I never thought I'd say that! I rarely used my corner rounder when I was a paper scrapbooker, but I think it is part of the whole 70's revival we've been seeing. Rounded corners are back. I used A. Victoria's Winter Chill paper pack from the DD Color Challenge of Dec 28, 2008. This was the first time I used my contact sheets (previews) to decide on a colour scheme. It sure helped me break out of my cream/pink/green rut. It would have been so easy to go that way because the girls were wearing green, pink and yellow that day. The right side of the page shows the template as purchased. The left side of the page was done by copying and moving elements from the template. There are a ton of possibilities!
I only have until Sunday to make my monochromatic page for the digital scrapbook challenge. Tonight, I have to pick up Mr. Boy's birthday cake and the food for his party, which is tomorrow. I also have hockey tonight and it's the last game of the season. Tomorrow, I'm being picked up at 7:30 a.m. to go to a work event from 8:30 - 12:30. When I get back home, Mr. Boy's party, with 7 guests, himself and his two sisters hanging out in the back yard and jumping on the trampoline, will already be started. The party ends at 2:30, and then I can visit my dad in the hospital. Sunday should be rainy and cool so it'll be the perfect day to chill out and relax at home.

1 comments:

Christine April 24, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

Cool page, I love those templates and that paper pack! I was off sick too Tues & Wed, I'm surprised to hear you were sick again! enough already eh???

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP