Spring Had Sprung

Monday, March 9, 2009

I am Canadian, so I should have expected it. The weather got warm last week. It was above freezing for a couple of days. All of the packed ice at the end of my driveway (where the plough goes by and where the ice gets packed by cars driving over it) was melting. I could wear just a spring coat. The sun was shining. The snow was melting. It was absolute bliss!

Last winter at this time, we had had over 10 feet of snow. I had shoveled the driveway more times than I could count. The snow was so high on the snow banks that I had to climb them to put on more snow! This year, we've only had 7 feet of snow. Wait. That sounds like a lot now that I see it written down. Truth is, it hasn't been that bad this year. It seems like every time it has snowed, I haven't had anywhere to go. That's the worst part of the snow - driving in it.

Last year, in early February.This winter, in early January. There is what is basically a dusting of snow. Very unusual.

I got pretty excited during our sunny, warm weekend. So much snow melted. The light was glorious. it was warm. This morning, I awoke to below freezing weather and 5 cms of snow. I knew it wouldn't last. I should have known.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP