Say goodbye to 10% of me!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

I've finally decided to do it. I'm going to lose those last few (18) pounds that have been hanging tenaciously in all the wrong places. DH claims the extra pounds are clinging right where they should, but he's biased.

I was on Facebook yesterday canvassing my friends for a workout/weight loss buddy. I got one offer the same day, and we aren't too far from each other and we both have memberships at Goodlife Fitness. Only problem is, my schedule is never all that certain, and I never have the same workout twice. She has four kids, so I'm sure she's busy too. Besides, working out isn't really my problem. I usually do something fitness-related 3, 4 or 5 times/week, but I think I need to add weights and maybe run one extra time per week.

The big thing that needs to change is my eating habits. Yesterday, I tried to eat normally and just write down what I ate. I was surprised at how quickly I figured everything left on the kids' plate after lunch belonged to me. Also surprising is that I only had three servings of fruits and vegetables all day!

I used to follow Weight Watchers, and lost 32 pounds on it after I had baby#2. I was at my goal weight, and I got "Lifetime" status at WW. I kept it off until I had a car accident which seriously affected my ability to exercise. That left me with an extra 5 pounds, until I got pregnant with baby #3. Because of the complications with the pregnancy, I spent the last 2 months on the couch. I was barely allowed to go to the bathroom, let alone exercise. I gained a lot of weight and was really out of shape when Precious was born.

After Precious was born, I lost a bunch of weight pretty soon after she came home. I was about 10 pounds from my goal by the time she was about 18 months. Then, instead of continuing to drop, my weight went up! I had been to the naturopath complaining of poor energy levels. She suggested I add more protein to my diet. I bought a bunch of nuts and started eating those throughout the day. My energy seemed to go up, and I wasn't constantly hungry like before. The battery in our scale had died. Once we got a new battery, I weighed myself. I had gained about 5 - 7 pounds in two months! I was about to go back to work, and I really had nothing to wear. Actually, one skirt and one pair of pants fit me, and a few sweaters and blouses still fit.

So here I find myself, 18 pounds over where I want to be. My new eating plan starts today. I'll be basically following WW on my own, keeping track of what I eat, and trying to plan out my meals so I don't overeat. I'll dig out some of my favourite healthy recipes and start making those again.

The only wrinkle in my little plan is that I wrecked my knee last night at soccer and I'm using crutches to get around. That might put a damper on my exercise plans for the next little while. At the very least I can eat better until my knee improves.

1 comments:

Mindy,  March 23, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

Hey Beth -

Once things settle down around here I can be your gym buddy. I will also help support you with your weight loss and healthy eating as that is what I am doing too although I am finding it really hard while in hospital

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP