Read All About It

Thursday, March 5, 2009

I read every chance I got last week to finish The Night of the Gun by David Carr before my three week borrowing period was up. I didn't quite make it, and I now owe the library $2.00. Used to be that getting a fine at the library really, really bothered me, but now I can even talk about it without getting upset. And it's only a $2 fine. Heaven knows the library needs the money more than I do!

Dell (sp?) from the school lent me Breaking Dawn, the last book in the Twilight series, last Friday but I couldn't start it until Sunday or Monday, and I'm almost half way through. I can't really comment on this book because I don't want to spoil it for anyone. All I can say is that I always swoon for Edward.


I emailed a few close relatives to tell them about my blog. I've been blogging for almost a year now, and I thought they might find it interesting. And, there's a lot of stuff about the kids. My Aunt Jackie saw my references to reading and got very excited. Being a reader herself, she couldn't contain her excitement and she shared her favourite titles with me. I was excited to have some new authors to try and also to have a shared interest with my aunt.

Among other books, she mentioned The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. There's a waiting list for it at the library, and also for McCall Smith's Tea for the Traditionally Built, which on sight made me think of stout ladies with child-birthin' hips, drinking tea. I reserved both books, but also found Espresso Tales sitting on the shelf. And since there isn't a waiting list for this book, I can take my time reading it. I can have it for nine weeks if I want. I expect to be transported to modern-day Scotland. DH has always wanted to visit Scotland, and maybe I'll want to too, once I read the book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP