Creative Juices Flowing

Saturday, March 28, 2009

With all this free time on my hands (I can't exercise or do sports because of my knee), I have found a little extra time to do the creative stuff I love so much. I promised myself I would do more scrapbooking. I am so far behind, I have to use the technique where I start with recent pictures and work backwards. Last weekend was the end of the winter, so I did a double-page spread of fun outdoor stuff we had done. As promised, I used a template, Katie Pertiet's Right Here Layered Template. I used some of her frames and winter brushes. The background paper is a Lynn G chat freebie. I tend to go for high contrast pages, but I was pleased with myself for keeping to mostly blues in this layout. If my coat werre blue, the page would be even more monochromatic.

I've also started knitting again! I inherited a TON of knitting needles and I have patterns and a bit of wool lying around. I'm working on something already, and I borrowed a book from the library which had some really cool, modern patterns in it. The book is called Knit One, Embellish Too. Really cute. I want to make the daisy hat, the berry bramble hat; one for each daughter, the neck scarf and the 'wristers' which are fingerless gloves. Better start now so I can finish them before the cool weather comes back next September.

I'm scrapbooking again today and have another page almost finished. It's based on Christine's wildly popular Jump Up page, which already has 515 views over at Designer Digitals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP