Reading a Book

Thursday, February 19, 2009

DH and I went on a romantic weekend back in September and I read an excerpt of a book called The Night of the Gun, by David Carr. I was fascinated by the story this man who is a journalist, married, with three children. A former crackhead and drug dealer, he sets out to tell his story. Only problem is, he can't remember a lot of it. So, rather than tell his story, he asked others, checked police records, and researched his own autobiography.

When I got back from the weekend, I requested the book from the local library. I guess quite a few other people had heard of this book, too, as I was a long way down the list of people waiting for it. When others are waiting for a given book, the library will only lend it out for one lending period (3 weeks), rather than three lending periods (9 weeks).

DH's dad came to visit for a week, and I've had a bit of a head cold for two days, and I volunteered at Mr. Boy's school, etc., etc., meaning I haven't had time to blog. I've been too busy reading. I have to finish this book before my three weeks runs out. Everything else will just have to wait.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP