He's baaacckk!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dad
My dad came back from Antarctica a week ago yesterday. He had his new Canon Xsi, and a bunch of lenses, and took some of the best pictures he's ever taken (that I know of). Here are some notes from his trip along with just a few of my favourite pictures. There were so many to choose from.

"We went farther than the Polar Star had gone before, to 67.33.9, a full degree past the Antarctic Circle. I only used 40 % of my pictures, 250 used. In some ways not editing them would have given a better picture of what it was really like. I have some great pictures and some good pictures (some not as good) but it gives you an idea of what it was like. On our first zodiac ride, it was drizzling, then it turned to rain and then snow blowing horizontal, but all the rest were good. We had one landing at 0500 and another at 0530. We had recaps every day and frequent info sessions. The ship was good, the food was good and people were good and Antarctica is like no other place I have seen. Ice bergs are classified, Growler <1m, Bergy Bit was between 5m and 15 m, small were bigger than 15 m by 50 m.


large iceberg
leopard seals
penguin chick
whale bones
penguin toboganning

Gee, I wish I could have gone.

1 comments:

Christine February 25, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

So cool. A photographer's dream! One day you'll make it there...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP