Scary

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Most of you already know I'm a scaredy-cat. I'll admit it. That's what I like about the Twilight series of books. It's vampires without the scary. Watered down. Sanitized. Fun to read.

I don't know if I've told you about the time I went to see the Blair Witch Project with DH when he was just my DB (Dear Boyfriend). I had heard that it was hit or miss on whether people found it scary. Some people laughed when they saw it. Not me. I was so frickin' scared when I saw that movie, that for the last 15 minutes or so, I had to sit with my legs tucked up under me, my eyes closed, with absolutely no peeking, and my fingers plugging my ears, moving back and forth to distort any noise coming from the movie. I was so scared, that I insisted that we walk home down the middle of the street, rather than on the sidewalk, which was a bit too close to dark alleys. Luckily there was no traffic. We moved to our house a short time later, and we backed on a conservation area, and I wouldn't even sit on my own deck after dark. Camping was a bit scary for me for a while, even in brightly lit campgrounds with Coke machines.

It was a similar experience when I saw The Ring on DVD. The sight of that girl with the hair over her face slowly moving towards her victim scares me to this day. I get goosebumps just writing about it. Until we got a platform bed, I was convinced every night that she was under my bed and would reach out slowly and grab my ankle some night.

You would think I had learned my lesson, but I have been intrigued by the idea of seeing the Swedish movie, Let the Right One In. This is one scary looking movie. The sound effects from when she's killing her victims is reason enough to stay away. The trailer gave me the shivers. Watch it, and sleep with one eye open. If I watch it, I doubt I'll be able to sleep at all.

1 comments:

Englot January 22, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

Hey Beth,
Love your blog...I actually looked at it once before--I think I saw it on Mel and Ron's.....you have put a lot of time and effort into it--great job!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP