New Year's Resolution

Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's that time of year again. New year. New resolutions.

A few years ago, my new year's resolution was to buy no magazines all year. That was a great one because it had the added bonus of saving trees and money. I always looked for the longest line at the grocery store so I could read magazines in line, sometimes people gave them to me, and I borrowed some from the library. It wasn't that hard to abstain, although I was tempted to buy a magazine from time to time.

Other years, I've made outrageous resolutions that I knew I could never keep.

This year, I'm doing something a bit like the movie Yes Man. My new year's resolution is to say yes to more things. I'm not planning to try bungee jumping or parachuting or anything. I'm just going to do some things I haven't done before. Take singing lessons. Try getting to know some new people. Take a photography class. Be fearless. Try a new class at the gym. Say 'hi' to someone I don't know. Smile more at strangers. Stop and chat with a neighbour that I don't know. I plan to try new things.

I'm really excited by my resolution. It sure beats 'lose 20 pounds' (which I do need to do) or 'stop eating red meat,' which I could never do!

1 comments:

Christine January 1, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

That is a good resolution! It's positive and achievable, so I'm sure you will be successful!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP