"Getting to Snow Shoe"

Saturday, January 17, 2009


My father-in-law likes to make up silly words to songs, or do funny things like say "Woof" when he sneezes. Instead of "Getting to Know You" by Oscar Hammerstein, it's "Getting to Snow Shoe". The kids got snow shoes for Christmas, and there was no downhill skiing today because of the cold snap. As the temperature warmed up much higher today than expected, our plans to stay inside and warm, changed. They'll go skiing tomorrow, and today we had a chance to snow shoe and go skating on the rink.

Mr. Boy needed a haircut anyway, so I took the two older kids to the barber, by snow shoe, while Precious napped. On the way home, I looked up, and saw this.
It reminded of my moon pictures from last weekend. It might even fulfil Jen's photo challenge because it looks black and white, even though it was taken in colour.

I made it to Costco today and got Eclipse, by Stephenie Meyer, from the Twilight series. I'm watching hockey tonight, so I probably won't get to crack my new book until tomorrow.

1 comments:

Christine January 18, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

Fun, going to the barber by snow shoe!

Nice pic too, I think it qualifies :) And have fun reading eclipse - sounds like you are hooked!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP