Photoshop Resource

Sunday, December 28, 2008

I am reading an excellent book called Digital Photography - Beyond the Camera, by Ian Farrell. It is for Photoshop CS2, but so far that hasn't seemed to matter that it is not the same version as I have. What I like about the book is that it is focused on how photographers like me would use Photoshop, and some of the common problems we might need to resolve. I'm going through it with a fine-toothed comb and trying out each of the image manipulations and enhancements. Heaven knows my photos provide plenty of fodder for re-touching!

I hope to post some before and after photos over the next few days, including the family portrait we took on Christmas. It should be interesting to fix it up as it has tungsten light shining in from one side and natural light shining in from the other, so the colour is not consistent across the photo. In the SOOC, Mr. Boy has green hair! Hopefully I can fix that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP