Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My kids are growing up. Used to be that I knew exactly what they knew, when the learned it and where. I knew what they liked to eat, how and why. I knew what went into them, and what came out. Where every scratch had come from and where everything they owned was stored and its condition. Eventually the kids started doing things like going to nursery school, or birthday parties without me, or on playdates. My kids were learning things and I wasn't there. They were interacting with other children and adults, and hearing all kinds of interesting things. The kids would pick up expressions from their friends or learn about some t.v. show or movie.

When Mr. Boy was in nursery school, he used to talk about Rescue Heroes, and I thought it was so cute that he had created this universe of firefighters and police officers. I even embarrassed myself by regaling a fellow nursery school mom with the story of how my son had invented Rescue Heroes. Imagine the look of horror on my face when she said "Rescue Heroes is a TV show"!

Recently, I thought it was cute when my kids started saying that something was easy peasy lemon squeezy. "Adorable! What imaginations!", I thought. Imagine my surprise when I saw the same expression used over at Sandiegomomma's blog. I suppose it is possible that my kids invented the expression and Sandiegomomma picked it up from them. Likely?

2 comments:

San Diego Momma December 4, 2008 at 7:37 PM  

Oh me and your kids talk all the time.

They are perfectly delightful, and they think I'm pretty cool, too.

Mindy December 14, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

I can't help but comment since at a baking exchange today someone brought Easy Peasy Citrus cookies LOL!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP